GENERAL INFORMATION FOR WORK VISA TO ENTER TURKEY:
Ordinary passport holders require WORK visa to enter Turkey.
For employment purpose travel, a single entry sticker visa up to
90 days is decided by the Ministry of Labor in Turkey and supplied by the Turkish embassy or consulate missions abroad. The work visa process time is 30 days.
You may find out more about visa types
here, or visit the Turkish ministry of Foreign Affairs website for visa information
BASICS RULES FOR WORK TO ENTER TURKEY:
NEW EMPLOYEE WHO ENTERED TURKEY BY WORK VISA AND AFTER WHO DECIDE NOT TO TAKE THE JOB POSITION, MAY EXIT TURKEY WITHIN FIRST 15 DAYS FROM ENTRY DATE TO AVOID VIDA OVERSTAY AND FINE AND BAN ON EMTRY DURING EXIT.
Turkish employer to sponsor a foreigner from abroad to enter turkey by work visa, and after entered turkey within the first 15 days must continue to activate foreigner Work permit ID card by first-month SGK social security fee and registration for government healthcare benefit or the ID card will cancel.
An employee who enters turkey (on travel purpose for employment/ special employment or labor purpose) by Work visa must be insured under the Turkish government SGK social security and healthcare at all times, to stay longer and safe in Turkey, and work legally.
Foreigner employees after entered Turkey within the first 20 days must inform the Turkish employer of their Turkey home address to activate Residence Permit inside also for residency as you will start to live in Turkey that must be registered in the Turkish national address NVI grid system or the ID card will be canceled.
- Foreigners who reside abroad and who will travel to turkey for employment / special employment or labor purpose the employee shall enter by Work permit and Visa under the employment procedure in Turkey.
- Methods and principles concerning Foreigner work permit to be issued to the foreigner vary by relevant sectors such as Education, Housekeeping Services, Health, Tourism, Aviation, Entertainment, and others.
- Find out more about Work permit criteria for the employer and foreign employees in Turkey.
FOREIGNER WORK PERMIT IS PERMISSION TO WORK IN TURKEY:
In this case the foreigner above age 18 and who is offered a job in Turkey, he or she may be qualified and hired by the sponsoring Employer or Turkish company by the method of an employer and employee, signed labor Contract, and company Invitation letter for competition.
The Consulates of the Republic of Turkey will execute online permit procedures for Work Permit application filed abroad, however, Work permit applications are concluded by the Ministry of Labor and Social Security
within 30 days in Turkey, and not by the Turkish Embassy or Consular missions abroad. Upon Work Permit approvals, the Turkish Ministry of Labor sends out the Turkish Embassy or Consular mission an online instruction, to issue only the Work Visa to the foreigner employee to enter Turkey.
Check for step-by-step infographic process on Turkish work permit applications from abroad.
- Work permits have equivalence to Residence Permit when applied from outside Turkey Upon a Work Permit approved by the Ministry of Labor, the foreigner is charged an entry Visa fee, work permit fee, and residence fee by the Turkish consular office abroad.
- Since Work Permits when applied from abroad, includes Residence Permit also to live in Turkey the annotated Work visa issued in Passport by these offices, can only be used for single entrance and 90 days at maximum.
NEXT FOREIGNER WORK PERMIT ID CARD IS AVAILABLE AT ENTRY IN TURKEY FIRST TIME 3, 6 MONTHS TO 1 YEAR ISSUED BY MINISTRY OF LABOR AND POSTED TO TURKISH EMPLOYER WITH COMPANY NAME SHOWN ON BACK. YOU ARE NOW INSURED AND A WORK PERMIT BEARER, YOU ARE SAFE.
- By the Turkish employer’s monthly salary and continued government SGK security contributions you are active within the Turkish labor system and protected under government medical insurance, future retirement and pension rights as a foreigner.
- TURKEY CITIZENSHIP 2020- The foreigner employee to start and complete 60 months’ total stay in Turkey with completed SGK premium payments has the option to apply for a passport and Turkish citizenship without the condition to buy property in Turkey or make any investment, continued by the current legislative change.
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYEE TO ENTER TURKEY WITH FAMILY TRAVEL:
During the Work visa confirmation, should family TRAVEL BE REQUIRED WITH THE APPLICANT (under the family unity clause) the applicant may sponsor a family for a Tourism visa without extra documents
and enter Turkey at the same time. Each family member is required to obtain a different reference number from the online visa application system. Each family member should have a separate and complete file and pay the visa fees.
- Upon entered the family members should lodge online first-time applications for Touristic residence permit in Turkey and continue to live 1 up to 2-year Touristic without work.
( In any case, a family member may opt to exit Turkey in 30 days and return back to the country of citizenship or legal stay)
- The person above age 18 with a valid Touristic residence permit ID card, may enroll in higher education or work in Turkey.
- Children under the age 18 may attend public elementary, secondary, and high school for Turkish and English language and education, and are free government Medical insured till age 18.
FOREIGNERS WHO ENTER BY TURKISH EMPLOYMENT AND CONTRACT EXPIRES:
The employee inherits the option to:
- continue Work permit extension 1 up to 2 years with current employer
- transfer to new Work permit 1 up to 2 years to a new Turkish employer
- depart in 10 days to avoid overstay violation in Turkey
- Transfer in 10 days to Touristic residence permit ID card to live up to 2 years without work, or search work again, or work in Turkey for 5 years total and transfer to Turkish citizenship.
HOW TO LODGE APPLICATION FOR SCHENGEN VISA IN TURKEY?
Non-Turkish nationals with residence or work permit in Turkey
may lodge an application and/if required to other countries, for USA visa, Schengen
or EU residence permit at the foreign Embassies or Consular missions in Turkey
as opposed to the long line-ups in their own country.
Turkey the eastern EU candidate country
is next to join the Schengen as the 28th
The Schengen area is 27 countries ( Schengen States) without passport and visa, border control between them. These countries are Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, France, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
Foreigner work permit ID card may be used to enter and exit Visa-free at 66 Turkish airports, 180 harbors, and 26 borders of the Republic of Turkey, North Cyprus, Georgia, and Ukraine on travel.
- To query the Foreigner Work Permit ID card validity enter the Yabanci 99 Kimlik number here.
- To check active or cancel Residence Permit ID card validity enter the Yabanci 99 Kimlik number here.
THAT FOREIGNER WHO LIVES IN TURKEY WITH A VALID RESIDENCE PERMIT ID CARD (WITH REMAINING MINIMUM 6 MONTHS VALIDITY) MAY AT ANY TIME FIND A JOB IN TURKEY AND MUST APPLY DIRECTLY TO MINISTRY OF LABOR AND SOCIAL SECURITY WITH THE TURKISH EMPLOYER TOGETHER, FOR WORK PERMIT ID CARD TO BE ISSUED IN 6 DAYS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR WORK PERMIT AND VISA FROM TURKISH EMBASSY ABROAD?
The employer and employee have agreed, and the foreigner is hired outside Turkey for employment in Turkey. SIGN LABOR CONTRACT AND SEND BACK TO EMPLOYER
WORK VISA APPLICATION AND UPLOAD OF SIGNED LABOR CONTRACT is lodged according to immigration law online for the Pre-Application System for Turkish Sticker Visa
at the Embassy of the Republic in your country to start the Foreigner work permit process in Turkey. PRINT AND SIGN WORK VISA APPLICATION FORM
FOREIGNER EMPLOYEE MAY APPLY
with documents below to the Turkish Embassy or Consulate and pay transaction fees for entry. For Indian candidates apply to Gateway VAC in Mumbai
, New Delhi, and Hyderabad. Pakistani must apply to Anatolia VAC in Islamabad
, Lahore or Karachi. All Arab and Gulf countries must apply to VFS Global
UPDATE AFRICA COUNTRIES-
In 2020 the Turkish Work visa applications are processed at MZVize VAC in Nigeria
. Somalia, Sudan, and Ethiopia
may process directly at TSA Turkish Service Agency with no appointment. Other Africa countries including Ghana and Kenya shall continue WORK VISA application at Turkish or Consulate missions on schedule.
- BIOMETRIC PHOTO
- BIOMETRIC PASSPORT
- POLICE CHARACTER CERTIFICATE
- POLIO CHARACTER CERTIFICATE
- POLIO CERTIFICATE
- TURKISH LABOR CONTRACT
- COMPANY INVITATION LETTER
- TURKISH COMPANY REGISTRATION
Next, the Employee shall receive e-mail from the Turkish Embassy or Consulate for application in progress. SEND BACK REFERENCE NUMBER TO EMPLOYER
The sponsoring employer or Turkish company will follow-up on your Work Permit Application at the Ministry of Labor and Social Security
website, and conclude for the approval procedure.
The Turkish company shall receive an official e-mail 12-15 days after the Ministry of Labor and Social Security for WORK PERMIT CONFIRMATION in Turkey. You may proceed to the Turkish Embassy or Consulate with your original Passport + one-way flight reservation booking with departure date + travel insurance. COLLECT WORK VISA TO ENTER TURKEY
Start your experience in beautiful Turkey. And enjoy living and working, or retiring as planned.