GENERAL INFORMATION FOR TURKEY VISA OR E-VISA FOR 1-90 DAYS STAY:
- Official and Diplomatic passport holders may be experts from Visa to enter Turkey. Ordinary Passport holders require a VISA to enter Turkey.
For 110 countries whose citizens are allowed to enter Turkey by online e-Visa is valid when the travel purpose is Tourism or Commerce (+ valid Schengen, Visa, USA, UK, Ireland visa or EU residence permit ID Card) as additional support document at arrival to Turkish airport or border.
Countries whose citizens are allowed to enter Turkey with their national ID, Germany, Belgium, France, Georgia, The Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, Italy, Turkish Republic of North Cyprus, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Portugal, Ukraine, and Greece.
Countries whose citizens are allowed to enter Turkey with expired passport up to 5 years are Germany, Belgium, France, Spain, Switzerland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Portugal, and Bulgaria.
- For other purpose travel, such as Tourism, Education or Business, single-entry or multiple-entry sticker Visa in Passport up to 1-90 days is given by the Turkish Embassies or Consulate missions abroad.
You may find out more about 34 Visa types here, or visit the Turkish Ministry of Foreigner Affairs website for VISA information to foreigners.
The period of stay in Turkey by visa or visa exemption cannot exceed 90 days within a period of 180 days.
In case that foreigners, who have stayed in turkey 90 days within the 180 day period, and come to Turkey again; (unless there is another matter preventing them from entering into Turkey at the border gates), they are required to enter into Turkey without a visa and fill the V.84 residence permit conditional entry form to declare and apply for residence permit id card at Migration governorate within ten (10) days of entry date.
Foreigners who have arrived at the border gates to enter into Turkey and do not have a passport to travel document valid for at least 60 days as of expiration date of the Visa, Visa-exemption, Residence Permit, and/or Work permit will not enter into Turkey.
Entry in Turkey by Visa non-eligible types to convert to Residence Permit ID Card 2020 to include Single Transit, Double Transit, Business Meeting /Commerce, Conference / Seminar / Meeting, Festival/ Fair/ Exhibition, Sportive Activity, Cultural Artistic Activity, Courier, Montage, freight, Seafarer, and may come back soon with new visa again.
TOURIST VISA EXTENSION FOR TOURISTIC E-IKAMET RESIDENCE:
- First migration rule to foreigner who entered Turkey within the last 1 year before with Passport, may lodge e-ikamet residence permit application online and book advanced appointment date in the Migration system before entering Turkey by Visa, and may arrive 1-2 days before the Migration appointment to complete process.
- Foreigner entering first-time with Visa up to 90 days stay within the first 30 days, and Visa up to 30 days stay before the expiration (with no nationality discrepancy) are eligible to apply for e-ikamet residence permit to stay more than 90 days in Turkey after entered, and wait till the first available government appointment date and time (depending on the home address location and congestion).
- From 5 million applications lodge to Göç İdaresi government migration in Turkey 1 million Turkish residence permit is issued, 50% from Istanbul and 50% from other 80 provinces combined.
- Business Residence Permit is issued to individual up to 3 months who entered with Business visa, and who will establish commercial engagement or business connections in Turkey, and upto 1 year when a Turkish company contract is provided for supporting documentation and proof for purpose to stay in Turkey a longer period.